Tuesday 7 June 2022

The Menacing Evil Is Born

Hellooooooo, it's been awhile, yeah?

Do people still read blog anymore? I don't know-

I write time to time whatever I feel just for an online record and perhaps a guide for others. This time I'm eagerly bestow my new doll.

Never had I ever thought my collection expanding this far, now I have a male MSD. Here ye, here ye! I present to you my new addition , Soom Little Gem, Cheshire! 

He is a product of getting poisoned by my peers from multiple doll meet. I just can't get enough of his cheeky face. I purchased him during Soom Christmas event 2020 and he arrived to me 2 months later. A shocking, am I right? Only to announce him at June 2022. That's another story to tell.

I've made his unboxing video and explained what's going on from the long hiatus. You may check it out here :


Soom Korea has few branches of doll lines. The commonly acknowledge among my BJD community is The Gem and Idealian. What's special about them is their attractive sculpts & resin quality. That's what drawn me to own one.

Soom Cheshire is a fantasy (non-human) doll which the full set includes cat ears, claw hands, tail & cat legs. The fantasy colour is light violet. However, you may opt human body (male/female) and the skin colour depends on what they offer on the pre-order duration (check colour option here).

credits to Soom Korea

Cheshire also have two sculpts. A basic human head or surprise head (with the cheeky smile). Honestly his basic head is really cute too. I can see people buy the whole set to keep them as twin or split the unwanted parts.

credits to Soom Korea

In my case, I opted for human body + surprise head instead going for the cat look. I have a different idea on his being. The skin tone they offered that moment beside light violet was peony white.


Soom provided me with 2 certificates for the body and the head. I find this absurd but understandable when people wish to split the doll parts and keep the authenticity identification.


 Doll companies have different way to mark their signature on the sculpt. That includes Soom where they carve the doll sculpt name inside the head. However, I found that they missing a letter what suppose to be "Cheshire" becomes "Chesir".


 It could be an error or they  just don't have the space for all the letters, thus a short form. I believe the "S." stands for Soom.

A closer look of Soom Litttle GemCheshire sculpt

Soom Little Gem Cheshire is in the category of 1/4 MSD size. The 'Little Gem' is their medium 40cm± size doll. Though, Cheshire has another form of size/version.


The 'Petit Gem' Cheshire (Chessy)

credits to Soom Korea

The 'Teenie Gem' Cheshire (Cheshire Jr.)

credits to Soom Korea

..and finally a recent one, the 'Super Gem' Cheshire (Chester). Although they named him Soom Chester, the sculpt is similar to assume Chester is the grown up Cheshire.

All the doll measurement you may check them here.

credits to Soom Korea

How's exciting! (╯✧ ∇ ✧)╯I wish I'm a rich lady to own every version of Cheshire. They are all good looking!

I'm super excited to complete my Soom Cheshire as he's super nude right now ! xD He will be on classical attire with snarky personality. I will upload on my Instagram once he ready. 

Oh, his name will be Hannya. That suits him well.

Until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment