Tuesday 29 August 2017

I'VE STRAYED FROM PLAN | (Roa 's Arrival)


Hey everyone, guess what? I have a new doll.

That's not surprising?

Hah ! Hear me, the doll is not in my wishlist; it's even something I tried to avoid in my collection.

I broke my words, I strayed from my plan !  / / / / つд `) 


I'd promised to myself that I don't want to get doll smaller than 1/4 and 1/3 scale.

Well technically, I broke it for long time ago when I bought Marissa, a Kikipop! & Sachiko, a Picco Neemo. However, this feel a different case because I consider resin doll & Volks's vinyl doll are exclusive to me.

Long story short, I got myself a YOSD (1/6 scale) size resin doll. I blame the poisons from the local doll event recently. I couldn't help myself to see they're looking small and cutesie from the hand of their owner that carried them around.

So I did my research to look for appealing sculpt. I went to few BJD (ball-jointed doll) from China, Korea and Japan. I don't want to spend a fortune for my new doll as I'm still in strict budget. I was attracted on Volks's yosd but their cost is little much for me.

One day, after awhile browsing for the sculpt of my liking, I came across to this BJD website from China, Myoudoll. The website interface is kinda bland but their doll listing are pretty good. Their dolls face up looks quality painted. I've been in BJD hobby since 2013 and this is my first time encounter with the doll company. I assume they're new; yet their doll sculpts look promising.

After some hard time choosing the sculpt, I've made my mind and took a risky path of customizing my selection instead of selecting their standard doll set. The production duration is 3 months, according to their notice that they get little slower due to uprising sales in previous monthly event.

I ordered my doll on May 5th, 2017 and the waiting game began till I received the delivery notice on August 8, 2017. The shipping method was EMS , so it's within 1 week. The parcel reach on my hands on August 15, 2017.

I've made an unboxing video of the doll reveal, you can watch it below :


Isn't he super cute?

I wanted a yosd boy, thus I bought a  27cm yosd(1/6) boy body and a blank Lorina's head. Myoudoll has 30cm height boy body too but I want the body as others standard size of yosd, which is 27cm. I got him an extra hand that I ordered separately but free shipping. This is due to they mistaken my order to come free with extra hand but it isn't (they replace with free eye putties), at least the free shipping is the complimentary for the error.

This is how Myoudoll Lorina in complete set looks like :

credits to myou-doll.com

That cuteness but elegance look make me believes Lorina can be the cool-cute type of look I'm looking for; especially she has little teeth underneath those cute lips.

I've uploaded HD photo on the sculpt in detail on my Flickr album , you can see what I mean below :


Hereby the measurement of my doll head & body for reference.
Height          : 27.0cm
Head girth    : 19.2cm (7.5")
Neck girth    : 6.5cm
Leg length    : 10.5cm
Shoulder       : 7.0cm
Arm              : 10.5cm
Chest girth    : 13.0cm
Waist girth    : 12.0cm
Hip    girth    : 14.5cm
Thigh girth    : 8.0cm
Shank girth   : 6.5cm
Foot length   : 3.8cm

Foot width    : 1.8cm

Thus that the end of the post. I hope I give you some heads up if you want to purchase a BJD in yosd size. If you want to check my yosd progress, please go to my Facebook page & Flickr. I hope to complete (faceup & clothing) him very soon.

Until then, it's shopping time ! (for him, lol)





No comments:

Post a Comment