Wednesday 12 August 2015

Miku's Worst Trip Ever !

*credits artwork to Yupi, image source Zerochan.net

This is a story of my bad experience on international delivery with my local mail service, Pos Malaysia / Pos Laju. It's my first time to send out parcel outside Malaysia and I had bad time due to inconsiderable authorities and my own careless.

I sold my Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku to a Brazilian lady. She paid me in layaway and once completed  , I packed her and hand her on the delivery center on 13th March 2015. I was using Express Mail Service (EMS) , so the timeline to get to her is within 1 week+

The shipping fee is pricy, it's like 1/3 price of the doll value itself. The buyer requested me to put under value / gift on description to avoid the Customs tax. Thus, I wrote Doll / Gift and did not declare the value of item at all (this is the bad mistake)

Surprisingly, my first timer experience was taken advantage when the Pos Laju staff did not remind me to complete the form (I don't even know that is my responsible to make sure the form complete) and just let my parcel pass through.


The nightmare begun when after roughly 2 weeks ( 8 - 20  April) , the buyer contacted me regarding the parcel. She asked me to track it. So, I checked with Pos Laju customer service and they directed me to Asiaxpress.net (some zone they will pass to third party partner for delivery). I tracked them and these came out :

I told her to go to her main branch of post office and Custom office to check the item status. She said she will and went quiet.

However, she came back to on 6th May and told me she did went to the post office and the parcel never arrived to Brazil at all and I have to check with my post office regarding this matter.

I explained to her, the tracking report said it's already been in Brazil and she needs to reconfirm with the authorities what is the ACTUAL status of this parcel. She said she will go check again.

After awhile, she did not update me the status of this case and suddenly, on 6th July 2015, she asked me to re-check again the status of the parcel because she did not receive anything. Σ(゜ロ゜;)

Thus, I did my part, I called the customer service of Pos Laju & Asiaxpress, the staff said, the item has been returned on May due to rejected by Brazil's Custom office due no item value declaration on box/invoice. (*゚ロ゚) The worst is, they DID NOT even contact the receiver about it, at least give a call to come and settle down the item declaration document. Instead, they rejected it and return to Malaysia. When I asked the Pos Laju staff about this, they said it can't be helped since every country have different kind of rules and restrictions.

I found it unbelievable ! Guess what? When I thought there's  no more could be worse than this, here comes my local post service. The item marked returned to sender if not delivered was nothing than just written on paper. The parcel was not even hand on me. I got so mad I made a lot calls to few potential branches (include main one) to track back where is my parcel located now.

One 'funny' thing happened when one of the branch claimed the item has been returned to sender address but someone named 'Haslina' collected and signed on the paper with her worker ID : 4842.
There's nobody name Haslina in my office and I can't understand why there's missed my address and why other than identification number (I/C no.) is accepted to written on paper to collect it. It should be strictly only that number !

It turned out they did mistake key in the wrong updates about my parcel and they lost my consignment note. Great, 'what a professional service'. (;¬д¬)

Then I tracked back where the possibility branch the parcel traveled before submit to my office address, which is Pos Laju Kuala Lumpur. Before that , I did called them to confirm, honestly, it was hard for them to pick up, I need to call like 10 times before someone voice heard after the annoying waiting tone.

At first, they checked the system the item has been collected but I insisted them to check thoroughly since I wanted to know which delivery guy pass to whom. So, the staff hold me on line and went check the warehouse. It turned out the parcel was there, ლ( ºΔº ლ) I felt want to throw my tantrum but I'm too tired to do those stuff and I just wanted my parcel back.

In the beginning, I requested them to deliver to my office but no one there took this case seriously and delayed the process. They asked me to send copy of consignment note to their e-mail (which the one that not working at all !). I gave up and go the Pos Laju Kuala Lumpur , Jalan Tun Sambathan myself. ૮( ᵒ̌▱๋ᵒ̌ )ა

Unfortunately, I knew the shipping fee money is gone now and nothing can be done since the case has been more than 3 months.

Despite all that, I'm  more glad that the parcel is in my hands now, safe and sound.

You may see the parcel here, the box is messy and dusty (that's how long it's been there in the warehouse). Yet, everything inside is safe and sound. Thank goodness.



I have discussed with the buyer regarding this since it's not entirely my fault, she could have chase this case immediately when something wrong with the tracking record. She has decided to use EMS service again since DHL cost is cutting our throats.

On side note, Pos Laju / Pos Malaysia service sometimes turn horribly suck, but they is the only biggest local shipping company with affordable fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment