Thursday 8 September 2022

Attending : Doll's Meadow 人偶牧場 2022

 


Oh yay, finally it's happening! Doll's Meadow Malaysia return this year after last year cancelation due to Covid restriction. The venue has changed but I'm glad the host persistence to get this event going.

A little introduction, Doll's Meadow Malaysia is a doll related sales convention which is similar to DollFest Malaysia & MYDoll Tea Party previously. This event is 3rd party seller friendly and sellers are able to resell their preloved merchandise. Local talent & product are encouraged. This is awesome because sellers / agents are able to cater the doll necessities like face-protector , head cap etc, the small stuffs that usually demanded by collectors. This year event is located at Zi Place, Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur. The entrance fee for visitors was RM5/pax.

The Doll's Meadow Malaysia poster located on ground floor. It's really cute!


This time I didn't go just as visitor. I've opened booth here :D altogether with 2 friends, Wahidah & Satsuki under 'Coven of Dolls' name. We were mainly selling pre-loved items such as clothes, accessories and even doll heads/parts.

Beside that, I've included my Animatic doll eyes. I reprinted few old design and added two new design in conjunction of trending anime Spy x Family. I've made Anya's eyes! .

Specially made for Doll's Meadow Malaysia

There are two version, the normal & waku-waku eyes. The waku-waku eyes are limited (as in won't be reprint in the future). There are few stock left as I wrote this blog. If you're interested please DM me on Instagram.

This was our booth looked like. It was packed with products. Not to mentioned my MDD, Nayeon, looking cute as model there.

Coven of Dolls booth at Doll's Meadow Malaysia

Here is the booth owner's tag. It's super cute! There are two versions, brown cat and white fish.

Brown cat version
A highlight booth I would love to mention is the appearance of Doll Fantasia Empire. Doll Fantasia is a Volks Japan-friend shop (official agent) in Malaysia. Most of the time they operate online on their Facebook. Finally they made their first show at Doll's Meadow.

Please support them by following them on Facebook!

Here are more pictures of interesting booths I spotted at the event:

Booth name : Life is Beautiful

Booth name : Little.Q Studio

Booth name : Tyraryu.doll

Booth name : Mischief Misfits / Serein Studio

I have to include this awesome looking lady who carried a handmade dragon. (I'm not sure if she made it herself) and there were on sales with other variant colour options.

The dragon was sold at Booth name : AWA

There was a corner called consignment area where few dolls were on display and some doll related stuff on sales too. I was amazed at the cute 'loli' dolls placed there.


Finally, it's not a doll event without group photo, right? The gathering of all the dolls brought by their owner put into one spot for a nice family photo.

At first we collected all the MDD or 1/4 scale anime dolls and put them altogether.


Then, we gather all type of dolls and fit them in one picture :)


As you can see the trend here, the 1/4 scale anime doll are getting popular. Even myself owns one (or two hehe..) Can't help to resist their cuteness. A part from that I saw 20cm plush dolls are getting in the hobby. I saw a collector carried a bag looks like comforter storage but modified with segments to showcase his collection. It was awesome! (I'm sorry I don't have the picture, he was fast and left sooner).


Although I don't get much sales (and I heard few people said the same), it was no sweat. I suspected maybe people were saving for the AniManGaki 2022, a large anime convention, upcoming end of the month. Most of the visitors were friend of friends.

Overall, Doll's Meadow Malaysia 2022 was incredible. I'm really happy to see frequent doll events popping up now and then. We don't need to wait long for the next doll event like before.

Till next time, Doll's Meadow. We hope to see you again next year 


No comments:

Post a Comment