Thursday 14 August 2014

New Angel Knocks On My Home's Door

This is overwhelming.

You know 'just a doll company thing' when they like to release someone you really, really like whenever you have nothing but sand, in your purse/wallet.

And let me tell you which this time. It's Volks !

 Photo from volks.co.jp

Righhhtt, it's AKIRA. She has been in my wishlist for sooo long and I was thinking to get her next year because I pre-ordered Volks Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku (which coming over this December 2014) and since she was limited release, the way I only get her is from another person, second handed.

But, suddenly Volks happily re-release her with different outfit. Oh Volks ! How could I miss this? Instead getting her in higher price sold by others, it's better get brand new Akira with original price, right?
She's still limited though, available to purchase in lottery system, which mean I need my Luck Angel to get this baby.

The voting period was on 21st - 23rd  July 2014 and she goes with the price of 55,000JPY. I randomly put myself on luck like, "If I won this, means she's coming home sooner with me, or else, we just wait again".

Well, my Luck Angel heard my prayers, that 24th July the miracle showed up in my e-mail. I was literally dance off in my work place and everyone starred at me like I gone maniac. O(≧▽≦)O

Thus, on 5th August 2014, she knocks my door.



Geez I'm so excited to see what's inside!


As I expected, the box is the normal yellow Dollfie Dream box with Akira's image wrapped around it. The box is surprisingly light ! If compared to my other dolls (the ball jointed dolls).

Oh I made the unboxing video too, if you wish to watch the bubble wrap and knife cutting sound, this is the perfect video. LOL.



More closer looks on the label.


The first thing I could grab in the box once I open it ,


These are the wig & default outfit. There also included a guidebook on the standard Volks dolls and how to dress the outfit. (It's pretty fragile, you see)


I'm glad they included panty with the outfit , so I don't have to leave the air flowing upward her skirt before I get to buy one. xD

OMG get her out already, I can't wait to hold her !


The first moment I hold her, my expression was, "such light..such soft" because I'm still new holding a vinyl doll. I never thought that carrying this would be easier than resin dolls !

Let's over view the doll body.


The stats as below :
Volks Dollfie Dream Sister Akira
(Afterschool Akibahara Girls)
-Normal Skin
-DD Inner Frame (DIFF)
-DDII-B-01(M Bust)

* Height : 55 cm
* Weight : -
* Head Mesurement : 8-9 inch (SD)
* Bust : 22.5cm 
* Waist : 14.5cm
*Hip : 22.5cm
*Leg length : 31cm

Unlike resin doll,  Dollfie Dream doll doesn't use string to join all the limbs, it has mechanism system like-skeleton to attach them together. The head, hands and legs can be remove easily (which is one of the advantage of this doll when it come on clothe fitting and doll storage). It does pose very well too.


I mean, look at this face ! So pure and innocent. The specialty of DDS Akira is her mouth :3 That's cute cat's mouth ! Which the reason why I fell for her.


That antenna hair :3 Tell me not you don't want to hug her.


..and finally tried her default outfit ! I know this is scary, look how black it is, vinyl dolls are easy to be stain and it's not easy to clean them.

That's all for now, will take my time to bond with her and get awesome outfits for her

Do check my Flickr, there's more photo I shared rather in the blog. It's worth to take a peek ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment